Message to Members, Present and Past
I have travelled the world (England, many major cities in the USA, Australia, Thailand, and Columbia), speaking and training. I have spent time in cities across Canada listening to accountants share their successes, weaknesses, threats and opportunities. I do not see that stopping as I continue to work with Jeff on the advisory board and work with firms as they integrate Wealth Management into their respective practices via Wealth Stewards Inc.
I have had the privilege of meeting some of the most influential people in the accounting industry as declared by Accounting Today. First and foremost Chris Frederiksen – he has been a mentor and huge supporter of 2020 Canada over the years and I can’t thank him enough for that. Joel Sinkin and Terry Putney, who have provided unlimited guidance to 2020 Canada via webinars and have accepted me as their partner in the M&A business. There are many Canadian industry leaders as well – Don Nilson, Paul Tyers (more on that later) Mort Shapiro, Brian Wilson, Julia Littlechild, and Stuart Hartley to name a few.
We were the first in Canada to host webinars and I remember people saying “what are you doing????”.
That is just one of innovations 2020 Canada brought to market. As I spoke at different venues around the world I could not help but be proud of 2020 Canada Members. You listened at the various seminars and webinars and for the most part you implemented. You were ahead of the industry in:
- Wealth Management (You were the pioneers in this)
- Websites (when many others thought it was a passing fancy)
- Dual monitors, no triple monitors, no four monitors, some more (I had and accountant ask me in June why would I have more than one? Really?????)
- Being paperless
- Outsourcing-CPA magazine just featured it last month. 2020 Canada members have been doing it for years; they even featured Ken Schultz. They failed to mention he learned about it through 2020 Canada- they simply stated at a CPA course. What do you think they were implying????
- Being on the cloud
- Use of portals
- Marketing Plans
- Cheaper professional liability insurance options
- New software programs-CCH, Client Track, Office pro, Receipt-Bank, Telepay, Payroll, Scan Snap, etc.